Our Caernarfon air source heat pump has now been operational since the spring. It’s time to see how it performed over the course of the past three months as part of our autumn air source heat pump review.
It’s been a busy year filled with small and large projects, and we finally got around to having our chimneys swept. Last year, we had new chimneys and flues put in and we got our local chimney sweep in to ensure that they were still AOK.
November was ridiculously cold, with snow, frost and a lot of sub-zero days, which doesn’t make for pleasant outdoor working conditions.
We applied for the Feed-in-Tariff (TiF) and Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for our solar PV and air source heat pump respectively, and the process has been remarkably different.
Further to the issues we highlighted in an earlier post, we finished gutting the master bathroom yesterday and it’s now ready for new piping, flooring and a new bathroom suite.
It’s been a trying time. Last week, we had some strong winds and driving rain. On Thursday evening my wife went to her dressing room to find water marks on the ceiling. Another leak!